[ntp:hackers] unconfigure

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Sat Jun 6 20:49:05 UTC 2009

Dave Hart wrote:
> We have runtime configuration including removing peers.  The
> documentation was overlooked, I believe.  The "ntp.conf" way to remove
> a peer is either:
>
> unconfig [ IP | name ]
> or if you prefer, the identical
> unpeer [ IP | name ]

I am not sure what these are meant to do nor why they are identical. Do
we really need both? Also if you give an IP address and not a name and
the contents of the config file uses only the name and you can match the
two, what should the behavior be? Get another address, just drop it?
Something else? Or is it required that you exactly match what you entered?

Danny

believed to be clean.