[ntp:hackers] NEMA refclock, PPS and Solaris.

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:13:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Brian Utterback <brian.utterback at sun.com> wrote:
> May  1 10:10:34...refclock_nmea: time_pps_setparams failed: Invalid
> argument
>
> Looking at the code for time_pps_setparams, it appears that it is
> complaining either about the PPSAPI version not being 1, or that the
> offset isn't in the right units.

Looking at refclock_nmea.c, it does not set the version number before
calling time_pps_setparams.  While there are plenty of Solaris
machines with reference clocks at udel, I don't think any of them are
using refclock_nmea.  If one were this bug would have been noticed a
long time ago.  Add a line to set the version after the memset and you
should be good.  Hopefully this PPSAPI code will be leaving
refclock_nmea.c before long in favor of Dave Mills' new centralized
PPSAPI capability for non-atom refclocks.

Cheers,
Dave Hart