[ntp:hackers] NEMA refclock, PPS and Solaris.

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat May 2 00:21:15 UTC 2009

Brian,

Currently, Spectracom WWVB and GPS, Arbiter GPS, Audio IRIG, WWV and
CHU, Traconex WWV, Hopf GPS. Those that worked in the past in Solaris,
but are no longer available include TrueTime WWVB and GOES, Heath WWV,
KSI/Odetics IRIG and Austron GPS. I think the ost important one now is
the NMEA driver, but it should be furbished with the real or equivalent
functionality of the new interface to look for satellite or antenna
failures and PPS failures. It should also be equipped/tested for leap
second insertion, if that is possible.

The Garmin OEM receivers are really cheap and I would expect them to
become very popular.

Dave