[ntp:hackers] Why are we going down this road? Question on listen-on, query-on, -I

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu May 28 15:56:18 UTC 2009

Harlan,

Bullshit. The overwhelming gorilla in the room is the asynchronous DNS,
which would allow a much more flexible configuration process, as well as
dynamic host discovery. This has been a sticky issue for several years
with no resolution. Fix that and I'll be much more friendly about
changes in the configuration process. As it is, I supported grad
students for several years to improve the configuration process. The
parser and the table-driven semantics are not the problem.

Dave