[ntp:hackers] unprivileged ntpd prototype

tglassey tglassey at glassey.com
Tue Nov 3 18:49:00 UTC 2009

Brian Utterback wrote:
> Dave Hart wrote:
>

>> I fail to see the problem with violating the RFC with a non-default
>> option.
There isnt one. The IETF's license means that the specification doesn't
have to be followed and there is no impact in the use license for
implementing bad code. The IETF cannot even say that the derivative
products were not licensed under the RFC xyz licensing as published and
that based therein all aspects of the requirements for the use of the
licensed code have been met.

I brought this up a number of times already...

Todd