[ntp:hackers] Size of the ntpd program

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 22:21:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Piotr Grudzinski <piotr at powersmiths.com> wrote:
> Now the size of ntpd program is 389.kB, and the program seems to be running fine.

I made the same changes in a way that avoids modifying files under
lib/isc, which we try to keep as close to unmodified as possible to
ease updating to new drops of that code.  You might verify you get the
same results without needing all the memory-related defines.

http://davehart.net/moo/ntp-dev-stub-isc-mem.pupatch.txt

> So, what is the 48kB of compiled code I have removed supposed to do?

I would have to read mem.c and/or BIND 9 source that uses it to figure
that out.  Nothing we can't do without, as far as I can see.

Cheers,
Dave Hart