[ntp:hackers] FreeBSD 6.3/6.4 hiccup with ntp-dev and LDAP

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Sep 2 06:43:34 UTC 2009

In message: <85d954180909012316h339b81c0n15b1670f9bd5c1cb at mail.gmail.com>
            Dave Hart <davehart at gmail.com> writes:
: On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Dave Hart wrote:
: > Steve Kostecke kindly provided some assistance getting an
: > Autokey configuration going on three developer test machines machines
: > at ntp.org, two of which are running FreeBSD 6.3.  Neither of these
: > machines is happy running stock ntp-dev code, crashing during the
: > processing of ntp.conf in a call to getaddrinfo().
:
: I apologize, I lied, one of those machines is running 6.3, the other
: 6.4.  6.3 is known to crash with 4.2.5p200 while 6.4 crashed with
: 4.2.5p179.
:
: hart at psp-fb1> uname -a
: FreeBSD psp-fb1.ntp.org 6.3-RELEASE-ISC FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE-ISC #0:
: Fri Jan 18 08:04:43 UTC 2008
: root at ops.lab.isc.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
:
: hart at psp-fb1> ssh psp-fb2 uname -a
: FreeBSD psp-fb2.ntp.org 6.4-STABLE FreeBSD 6.4-STABLE #0: Thu Jul 30
: 00:19:10 UTC 2009     root at psp-fb2.ntp.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FB2
: i386

Were these machines installed as 6.3, or were they upgraded?  If so,
there may be a mismatch between the ports or package installed ldap
and the base system.

Warner