[ntp:hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.2.5p208 Released

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Sep 7 06:54:00 UTC 2009

In message: <20090907064827.05171C06C at mail1.ntp.org>
            Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> writes:
: Warner wrote:
: > In message: <20090907032452.37917C071 at mail1.ntp.org>
: >             Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> writes:
: > [[ snip ]]
: > : I suspect we may need an option to say whether we should dump a canonic
: > : snapshot, or one that emits the top-level includefile directives.
: >
: > Or to allow it at all...  That would allow complete control of the
: > policy here by providing the tools necessary to implement any of the
: > common policies.
:
: I don't understand what you mean.
:
: >From what I can tell, if we want to save the config, we have 2 choices:
:
: - dump the complete current state
:
: - dump only the top-level directives as they were "instantiated", which
:   means list the commands in the "sourced in" ntp.conf file, listing any
:   top-level includefile directives and any :config directives that were
:   subsequently entered.
:
:   Note that we *could* also list the directives in the sourced-in
:   file(s) but they should be shown as comments.

The third option is to administratively prohibit the command entirely
is what I was getting at...

Warner