[ntp:hackers] Somewhat cross-compile: non-standard include files

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 04:15:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:19 AM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
>  C_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/murray/ntp/f9/include/ ./bootstrap
>  C_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/murray/ntp/f9/include/ ./configure.xxxx
>  C_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/murray/ntp/f9/include/ make

I think bootstrap doesn't care about the path to C include files.  For
configure and make, I think a better approach would be

./configure C_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/murray/ntp/f9/include/ ...

Passing the environment override as an argument to configure allows it
to persist the override in config.status, so you don't have to
remember to override it before invoking make.  That should allow you
to use the override in exactly one place instead of three.

Cheers,
Dave Hart