[ntp:hackers] Somewhat cross-compile: non-standard include files

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Sep 18 05:12:09 UTC 2009

Thanks.

> I think bootstrap doesn't care about the path to C include files.  For
> configure and make, I think a better approach would be

> ./configure C_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/murray/ntp/f9/include/ ...

If that worked it would be great.  I already have a configure.xxxx to record
the arguments for each of several different versions of ntpd that I build and
test so it would be simple to include that parameter in the one particular
case where I need it.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything.

It gets recorded in config.status but the Makefiles are the same.

Does anybody know if or how that is supposed to work?