[ntp:hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.2.5p220 Released

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Sep 25 23:59:26 UTC 2009

stenn at ntp.org said:
> The faster and less-intrusive way is to remove all of the .deps/
> subdirs and:

Thanks.  Worked for me.

If anybody wants to cut-paste, here is what I did:
   rm -r */.deps */*/.deps

I didn't bother with the
   ./config.status --recheck
since I was going to do the whole configure step again.

> I'd love to find a good way to resolve this in the general case.

How expensive is it to recreate the .deps files?  Should bootstrap delete
them?  When do they normally get created?

Dependencies change occasionally.  There must be some mechanism to notice
that and fix things.  Who/what does that and why did it miss this case?