[ntp:hackers] FW: The status in "ntpq -c rv" goes to "leap_alarm"

Reddy, Sreedhar P (ISB) sreedharr at hp.com
Thu Aug 26 15:26:16 UTC 2010

Hi Havard,

Thanks for your reply.
My system is running linux 2.6.28 on FreeScale PowerPC.

Everything seems to be working fine, I am able to get correct reference time, and NTPD is able to set my clock to correct time.
The only problem is "leap is not sync" error. The status always shows "leap_alarm".
I am suspecting that something is wrong with Kernel and Ntpd synchronization.
Can you throw some more light on in what conditions the status remains in "leap_alarm".
What settings of kernel should I check to correct this error?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Sreedhar