[ntp:hackers] nonblocking DNS code nearly complete

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:37:32 UTC 2010

Hal Murray's testing uncovered what I suspect will be the last bug
found in the replacement intres before it's integrated into ntp-dev.
I'm willing to be wrong in my suspicion, though.  The code to receive
expectation for the number of bytes to be read from the pipe, which
resulted in the worker stalling and never completing DNS lookups.

With that fix in place, I can once again bravely claim the new intres
is better than what we have in ntp-dev today.  The code is in the
ntp-dev-block repo in my ntp.org home directories, and in both in the
tarball with MD5 hash:

99e4c3ef2bd4f5f880304463484c0e3b  ntp-4.2.7p9-new-intres.tar.gz

And finally:

http://davehart.net/ntp/dns/ntp-4.2.7p9-new-intres.tar.gz

Cheers,
Dave Hart