[ntp:hackers] Please add Bug numbers in comments

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jan 16 08:34:28 UTC 2010

Twice in the past couple of months, I've been chasing a bug and looking at
code where I can see exactly what the code is doing but I'm scratching my
head trying to figure out why anybody would want to do that.

Both times, I've stumbled into an bug report that had the explanation I was
looking for.  Both times, the mysterious code was dancing around a quirk/bug
in some other OS.

So when you fix a bug, please consider adding the bug number to a comment,
especially when it's OS dependent, and especially if the code is small and
obvious and it's not appropriate to clutter up the code with a multi
paragraph explanation that's already in the bug report.

I vote for "Bug nnnn" so we can find them with grep.