[ntp:hackers] NTP protocol

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Fri Dec 9 13:06:44 UTC 2011

On 12/8/2011 9:49 AM, Duker, Steven wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was interested in learning if there is a version of NTP that supports TCP verses UDP broadcasting.

No. It's a UDP-only protocol. It would make no sense to do NTP over TCP.
It will never support TCP.

> Thank you for your help.
>

> Steve Duker
> T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.
> Corporate Network Services
> * steven_duker at troweprice.com
> * Office 410-345-3029
> * Mobile 443-570-7506
>

> T. Rowe Price (including T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and its
> affiliates)
and its associates do not provide legal or tax advice. Any tax-related
discussion contained in this e-mail, including any attachments, is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of
(i) avoiding any tax penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing, or
recommending to any other party any transaction or matter addressed
herein. Please consult your independent legal counsel and/or
professional tax advisor regarding any legal or tax issues raised in
this e-mail.

<AOL/>

> The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely
for the use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying,
disclosure, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited by the sender and may be unlawful. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
e-mail.

Nope, sorry, this is a public mailing list.

Danny