[ntp:hackers] [Gpsd-dev] Single-writer/many-reader consistency: Test program written

Terje Mathisen terje at tmsw.no
Sun Mar 27 20:17:30 UTC 2011

As I promised I've written a test program, with one writer and 3 readers
(I have 4 cores so all run at all times, I force them to be on separate
cores).

With up to 1000 updates/second I'm totally unable to see any kind of
inconsistency at any time, with 10K to 1M updates/second the FIFO needs
to be significantly larger to avoid all problems.

Anyway, for 1-100Hz the 4-way buffer is definitely working.

I'll post the program and more details tomorrow.

Terje

--
- <Terje at tmsw.no>