[ntp:hackers] NTP man page upgrades

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon May 16 08:20:46 UTC 2011

Folks,

We have begun to "upgrade" the man page documents - we are starting to
use autogen to produce them (thanks to Rahul's GSoC 2008 project and
Kapila's GSoC 2009 and 2010 projects).

Autogen uses .mdoc macros as its canonical form, and right now the
"translator" from mdoc to man is not completely finished.  Therefore,
the new man pages are currently only being created with .mdoc macros.

I don't think this should be a problem for anybody, as mdoc macros have
been freely available for a very long time now.

But I wanted to give y'all a heads-up anyway.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!