[ntp:hackers] Leap second list file

todd glassey tglassey at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 6 20:09:20 UTC 2012

On 1/6/2012 10:38 AM, Mike S wrote:
> On 1/6/2012 12:36 PM, todd glassey wrote:
>
>> Look, you know what the contents of the leap-seconds files contain we
>> all do, so all you need really is the notice that the leap-second is
>> being inserted (or removed) to create this yourself.
>
> Since it's so easy, why don't you figure out a recipe to generate the
> FIPS 180 (SHA-1) hash needed to validate the file, as apparently
> described by "the files in ~/sha" on the ftp server which isn't
> available. Then generate a new file, put it on an ftp server, and let
> everyone know where they can get it. It makes zero sense for every user
> to go through all that trouble when the file can be generated once, then
> used by everyone.

Great idea - should be up on the USTIMING.ORG website which also mirrors
the TZ data. I should have it up later this weekend so I will post the
link.

Todd

Todd S. Glassey
This is from my personal email account and any materials from this
account come with personal disclaimers.

Further I OPT OUT of any and all commercial emailings.