[ntp:hackers] Leap second list file

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 15:20:19 UTC 2012

>>  On reflection, perhaps
>> the month is the more natural unit in any case.  Make it 24 hours so
>> that
>> any time zone doesn't get a potentially confusing indication, perhaps?
>
> All times UTC, local time is not a factor here.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave Hart

Agreed on your other points.

All I was thinking of were the folk for whom midnight UTC is not midnight
clock time, just to try and give them as much notice as possible..  Of
course, if they have (one month - delta) notice, there's very little
chance of them missing a notification.

I'm still wondering what will happen with my own kit, given that Windows
doesn't use the magic file, and I have taken no action to tell my FreeBSD
system of the impending change.  Perhaps it will accept the GPS 18 LVC
repeating either second 59 or second 0, according to which GPS message it
uses.  Will have to remember to check during June...

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk