[ntp:hackers] Leap second list file

Greg Dowd gdowd at symmetricom.com
Mon Jan 16 18:34:45 UTC 2012

I echo the vote to delay any changes in propagation of leap second info until after the next leap.  There are a variety of systems which have different trigger points (IRIG 10 mins, PTP 12 hours?, GPS, etc.).  Also, there is the issue of when the flag gets cleared.  I have always had a little heartburn with the reference implementation in this regard.  I studied Dave Mill's notes on timescale which, at least originally, showed that the leap second could be differentiated from the prior second by multiplexing the state of the li bits.  In my system designs, I incorporated this notion.  In the reference implementation, this is not always true.