[ntp:hackers] Anybody running ntp-dev on NetBSD 6.0_BETA2?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jun 17 03:58:49 UTC 2012

hart at ntp.org said:
> sntp is the only consumer of libevent.  you might try sntp --wait <long list
> of servers> to see if the libevent problem actually affects sntp, or is just
> a make check nuisance.

Thanks.

It works for 10 servers.

> fdleak creates a bunch of sockets (not sure how many a bunch are) to try to
> detect socket leaking bugs in libevent.  Help fixing that test on NetBSD 6
> is welcome.

Does it need any command line arguments to run it stand alone?

bob$ netstat -a -f inet
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
tcp        1      0  localhost.65529        localhost.65528        ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0  localhost.65528        localhost.65529        ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0  localhost.65529        *.*                    LISTEN

Looks like the byte made it to the server but the server isn't reading it.

I added a few printfs.  server_read_cb isn't getting called.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.