[ntp:hackers] hackers] hackers] Understanding NTP version numbers....

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 6 04:57:44 UTC 2013

That's because CA Cert is not in firefox's default trusted CA list, not
in Chrome's nor IE's either, IIRC.

Using http instead of https or manually install the cert from
https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3 can fix that. (You might notice
that page have the same warning)

But I have to agree that this may confuse many people with less
knowledge of TLS/SSL.

Allen Zhong
North China Institute of Aerospace Engineering
=========================

Thanks, Allen.  I replaced the https with http to avoid users seeing the
problem.

Thanks also for the pointer to the installable certificates.  As I slightly
err on the side of caution, I decided just to add a page-by-page (or
site-by-site) exception, rather than adding all of what CA Cert might have
to offer.  I presume there is good reason why all the browsers you mention
chose not to install those certificates?

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk