[ntp:hackers] NTP manual pages: man and mdoc tags...

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Jan 14 22:13:07 UTC 2013

HS> I'm not sure why redhat/fedora systems are using MAN tags instead
HS> of MDOC tags as groff certainly has the mdoc package.

HS> Does anybody know of a linux-based distro that does not have MDOC
HS> and only has MAN?

The only alternatives to groff(1) are heirloom troff¹, plan9’s troff²
and mdocml³.  The former and the latter certainly ship with mdoc(7)
macros.  And the plan9 version should support the mdoc tmac files
from heirloom, given their shared beginnings.

So it shouldn't be a problem.

1]  http://heirloom.sf.net

2]  http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/
    http://swtch.com/plan9port/