[ntp:hackers] Bypassing default synchronization

Cedric Gava gava.c at free.fr
Thu Jul 18 15:59:19 UTC 2013

Thank you both for your feed back

If I try to be clearer : the first initialization of system clock is a particular process that shall take the max time of some other NTP servers. Each server communicate is time using broadcast for a certain amount of time, and at the end of this period, they all take the date of the server which has the greater date.
Our idea is either : to start ntpd, and playing with commands and traps, making it following this initialization process.
Or to change ntpd if we can't do with traps and commands...
We thought of a last idea : make a small program that uses libntp to initialize system clock following the process I mentioned before, and then start ntpd

Best regards