[ntp:hackers] Where did BLOCKING_REQ_MAGIC and BLOCKING_RESP_MAGIC get their values?

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at oracle.com
Mon Jul 29 15:18:37 UTC 2013

I have been trying to get rid of some of the warnings produced when ntpd
is compiled. One of the warnings is caused by the fact that the values
set for BLOCKING_REQ_MAGIC and BLOCKING_RESP_MAGIC are larger than
MAXINT. They are set to 0xb10c7ecf and 0xb10c7e54 respectively. I am not
familiar with the code, so I can't be sure, but they look like they are
arbitrary values. Do they mean something? If not, why not just let the
compiler choose their values when the enum is defined? What am I missing?

--
blu

violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
Brian Utterback - Solaris RPE, Oracle Corporation.
Ph:603-262-3916, Em:brian.utterback at oracle.com