[ntp:hackers] ITU and Leap second elimination

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Oct 3 09:07:10 UTC 2013

In message <524D30CD.5010309 at t-online.de>, juergen perlinger writes:

>'Put it in the application' would be the most
>sensible approach, could we only start on green fields.

I don't agree.

Application programmers are the least competent group of programmers
we could possibly ask to deal with this.

The right approach would be to have the system offer APIs which
makes it very hard, preferably impossible, for the applications to
get it wrong.

However, that boat has long since sailed...