[ntp:hackers] Intel's Galileo as NTP server?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 07:10:12 UTC 2013

I get a feeling that this board, coupled with a $30 (?) SURE gps can be
used for a pretty good low-power NTP server.

http://hothardware.com/News/Intel-Launches-Galileo-Arduino-Compatible-Board-With-New-Quark-X1000-SoC/

The Galileo board has both USB and RS232 ports, along with a 100 Mbit/s
Ethernet interface, which seems like a pretty good fit for an x86-based
FreeBSD S1 server?

Terje
=================================

Terje,

It could be, although the Raspberry Pi makes for a more compact and
lower-powered solution.  You could use it with the Adafruit GPS (which is
based on a similar chip to that in the Sure).

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

I don't find Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton's comments on the Intel boards
very encouraging, either!

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu