[ntp:hackers] hackers] Post 4.2.8 Release Number Scheme

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 06:41:30 UTC 2014

From: Brian Utterback

I don't get the stable vs. dev concept here, especially regarding the
even/odd dichotomy. I think some examples would be useful.

It seems obvious to me, Brian, and it's been that way for some time.

- even numbers, stable releases, use in production

- odd numbers, development (test) releases

Simple, and easy to follow.  I like that scheme and would like to keep it.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk