[ntp:hackers] hackers] Post 4.2.8 Release Number Scheme

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at oracle.com
Fri Jan 3 00:48:43 UTC 2014

Okay, so it would seem that we would rev the stable and dev sets pretty
much simultaneously, right?

The use of the stable branch seems to alternate between too much and too
little activity. I remember a few years ago when almost every changeset
was pulled over into the stable branch, including some that added
features. This time around, in the last two years there wasn't a single
bug fix that was pulled over into the stable branch. Maybe there should
be a field in bugzilla that says "Should this be pulled over into the
stable branch, yes or no?" and we don't commit anything until it is
filled out one or the other.