[ntp:hackers] [ntp:webmaster] NTP Release Candidate 4.2.8p1-RC1 Released

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon Apr 6 05:15:43 UTC 2015

Gary,

"Gary E. Miller" writes:
> Yo All!
>
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 02:30:12 +0000
> NTP Public Services Project <webmaster at ntp.org> wrote:
>
> > NTP Release Candidate 4.2.8p1-RC1 is now available for download.
>
> So the decision was to punt the SHM permissions changes?

I'm not seeing the bug report for the patches you mention.

For SHM issues:

I see bug 2782 was marked as fixed in 4.2.8p2-RC1.

I see bug 2627 was fixed in 4.2.8p2-RC2.

> Here is the SHM create in refclock.c line 136:
>
>         shmid=shmget(0x4e545030 + unit, sizeof (struct shmTime),
>                       IPC_CREAT | (forall ? 0666 : 0600));

If the above line is wrong I need a bug report on it, peferably with a
patch.

This patch will almost certainly not go in to 4.2.8p2, which will be
released on Tuesday, as it's just too close to the wire now.

It *can* go in 4.3.x, and I'm happy to have the patch be in 4.2.8p3,
which will come out as soon as we have a bit more stuff to release.

I'm pushing hard to get better leap-second handling as soon as possible,
so folks can get this stuff deployed in plenty of time before the leap
second this summer.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>