[ntp:hackers] Restrict vs pool

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Apr 26 18:28:25 UTC 2015

While testing the latest ntp-dev, I found a machine that was using pool
servers via several server lines, so I changed it to use the pool command.
It stopped working.  It started working after I commented out the restrict
statements.

Does anybody remember how that is supposed to work?  Where is the
documentation and/or code?

I think the code that does a DNS lookup to find a server automagicly adds a
restrict statement to allow responses from that server.  I assume we need to
copy a few lines of code over to the pool lookup code.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.