[ntp:hackers] Linux and rlimit memlock

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Apr 29 09:10:43 UTC 2015

> We've been fielding bug reports about glibc and rlimit memlock for a while
> now.  We haven't gotten any closer to finding a useful solution to this.

Do you have a collection of bug numbers with interesting ideas?

Is it associated with any particular distro or kernel version?  Were there any interesting kernel changes in this area recently?  Or malloc in libc?

Did the reports start with the release of 4.3?  if so, how much did ntpd's memory usage change?

Is the mrulist tangled up with this problem?

What other ideas have you already eliminated?  :)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.