[ntp:hackers] Time over HTTPS reference implementation

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Mon Dec 14 23:16:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 05:50:11AM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <CAOp4FwTO8NyrRBBin+7b-p5LhOsZZofac-VGQPYOoWAta74bEQ at mail.gmail.com>
> , Loganaden Velvindron writes:
>
> >We're having an error when testing to hackers.mu:
> >
> >./httpstime -v www.hackers.mu*CMD openssl s_client -verify 10
> >-verify_return_error -connect www.hackers.mu:443 2>&1
> >*RESULT 2 www.hackers.mu nan nan nan (null)
>
> It works for me, but their clock is an hour off:
>
> 	*RESULT 0 www.hackers.mu -3607.260 -3607.065 0.194     Verify return code: 0 (ok)

I have the same problem, and it gives this error much faster than
that openssl can connect to that site.

If I change the "r+" in the popen call to just "r" it at least
shows openssl as connecting, but then it doesn't get any answer.

The freebsd manpage says that bidirectional support was added in
2.2.6.  Linux doesn't seem to support that.

Kurt