[ntp:hackers] Modern FreeBSD NTP Stratum 1 server?

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Thu Dec 17 04:17:41 UTC 2015

On 12/16/2015 21:48, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Terje,
>
> I won't be back to my office until late Friday night.  I have FreeBSD 10
> and I think I've got a PPS-capable refclock, too.  I'm not recalling
> that I've had a problem on this box but I'll be sure to check on it when
> I get home again.

I've had PPS problems for quite some time; NMEA GPS receivers work fine
without PPS signals (although the jitter isn't what you'd like to see)
but with PPS_SYNC compiled in the kernel and the option turned on it has
problems and often when enabled will produce a "bad tick" lockout of the
clock.

This has been an issue for quite a while with FreeBSD IMHO...

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>