[ntp:hackers] hackers] Recent C99-isms

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 16:53:39 UTC 2015

Harlan and I discussed some of this last night. VS2008 does not support
the partial initialization in C99 standards and causes errors. The
refclocks seem to be all compiled in and I'm sure most people don't run
refclocks on Windows. If there's a need then maybe having a build with
refclocks and one without would be beneficial. The sys/socket.h issue
should never have been included there and I don't think that sockets are
called in that code anyway. Sockets need to be define elsewhere in the
include heirarchy.

If David is getting this to build (apart from the above error) on vs2013
then it may support partial initializations. I will try to get VS2010
installed tonight (it takes a long time to install) and see what it does.

Danny,

To confirm, on VS2013 the only error I currently see with beta4 is:

'__func__' : undeclared identifier  (jupiter.c)

I would much rather have a single build with refclocks than two separate
ones.  It has worked successfully in the past, and having more builds
complicates support issues, consuming more valuable time and effort.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk