[ntp:hackers] Recent C99-isms

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Jan 5 23:20:36 UTC 2015

Danny Mayer wrote:
> On 1/5/2015 4:20 PM, Danny Mayer wrote:
>> On 1/5/2015 12:18 PM, Martin Burnicki wrote:
>>> With either of these changes and a define for __func__ we can build both
>>> with VS2008 and VS2013.
>>>

>>> Martin
>>
>> I generally agree with this.

Great!

>> HAVE or MISSING is the way to go. If we
>> want to compile in jupiter the __func__ should be mapped to __FUNCTION__
>> on VS20xx.

Right. That's what I've actually done in the code I've sent to David
Taylor for testing with VS2013 (I have already downloaded VS2013 but
didn't have the time to install it).

>> Danny
>
> I forgot to mention that I tried to build using VS2010 and got the same
> errors as VS2008. I have VS2012 as well but why bother?

So I think the best way to go is to add a MISSING in config.h for VS
versions before VS2013, and no more action is required for other build
environments unless the same problem occurs.

I'll submit such patch tomorrow.

Martin