[ntp:hackers] Recent C99-isms

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 6 02:36:39 UTC 2015

martin.burnicki at meinberg.de said:
> If someone thinks it's more appropriate to zero out only specific fields  of
> a structure then this could also be used there similarly.

Thanks for tracking things down.  It's probably worth preserving the details
in a bug.

My vote would be to keep the code simple.  I'd be happy with zeroing out the
whole chunk.  If you can hide things in a macro, that's fine too.

If somebody thinks it's important to preserve the ideas behind the current
initialization, I'd leave the old code as comment next to the new zero-it-all
code and include the bug number on the old code and/or mention the bug near
where the macro is defined.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.