[ntp:hackers] NTP Release Candidate 4.2.8p1-RC1 Released

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Jan 27 04:41:58 UTC 2015

"Gary E. Miller" writes:
> > If you add:
> >   fudge  127.127.46.0 flag4 1
>
> Done.  Beyond the already reported clk_fault I still see nothing that
> might help.  The SHM's work, and are now generating more logging, but
> nothing on the JSON.
>
> Any idea why I get clk_fault?

See line 418 of refclock_gpsdjson.c for my guess:

        if (-1 == pp->io.fd) {
                /* not connected to GPSD: clearly not working! */
                refclock_report(peer, CEVNT_FAULT);

At debug level 2, you should get output from the following in
gpsd_test_socket().  And Juergen might have more ideas:

        DPRINTF(2, ("GPSD_JSON(%d): check connect, fd=%d\n",
                    up->unit, up->fdt));