[ntp:hackers] NTP Release Candidate 4.2.8p1-RC1 Released

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue Jan 27 10:43:15 UTC 2015

Hal Murray wrote:

> gem at rellim.com said:
>> Looks like gpsd gave a few nice TPV and PPS's and then the client just went
>> away:
>
> There should be a version string in the startup dance.
>
> ----
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.
>
> We have a mess here.  I don't know what's going on.  I'm seeing similar tangles.

Just a wild guess when scanning the last emails quickly:

Could this be a problem with AppArmor or SELinux preventing ntpd from
accessing the device or the SHM segment?

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Senior Software Engineer

MEINBERG Funkuhren GmbH & Co. KG
Email: martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Phone: +49 (0)5281 9309-14
Fax: +49 (0)5281 9309-30

Lange Wand 9, 31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Amtsgericht Hannover 17HRA 100322
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Günter Meinberg, Werner Meinberg,
Andre Hartmann, Heiko Gerstung
Web: http://www.meinberg.de