[ntp:hackers] NTP Release Candidate 4.2.8p1-RC1 Released

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jan 29 20:09:26 UTC 2015

gem at rellim.com said:
> Hal and I can both see it.  Short of modifying the C code, can you tell me
> how to get some debug output to give you?

No, I can't reproduce your problem.  (I did blunder into a way to reproduce a
different nasty bug while trying to work on your problem.  That added a lot
of noise to the discussion so I'm not surprised by any confusion.)

Juergen:  I suggest hacking the driver to have an option to log everything it
sends or receives.  I'd probably make it a compile time option.  Maybe it
would only log the first N received lines.  It seems like the next step for
chasing Gary's problem.  If it's helpful now, it will probably be useful
again in the future.

Is anybody else testing the JSON/gpsd driver?  As far as I know, it's just me
and Juergen (both work fine) and Gary (doesn't work, doesn't complain).

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.