[ntp:hackers] Cannot ssh to psp-deb1 machines from college proxy network

Lokesh Walase flokeshw24 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:44:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am behind proxy(college network) and is not able to ssh to the psp-deb1
machines by this command -

> ssh  -vv lokeshw24 at psp-deb1.ntp.org

I have tried using both - corkscrew & connect-proxy from here
<http://daniel.haxx.se/docs/sshproxy.html> & here
<http://www.zeitoun.net/articles/ssh-through-http-proxy/start> respectively.

This is how the file - .ssh/config looks :

> Host psp-deb1
> ProxyCommand connect -H proxy.iiit.ac.in:8080 %h 22
> Hostname 149.20.68.29
> User lokeshw24
> Port 22
> TCPKeepAlive yes
> IdentityFile "/home/loki/.ssh/id_rsa"
> IdentitiesOnly yes

And for corkscrew only 2nd line is changed -

> ProxyCommand corkscrew proxy.iiit.ac.in 8080 %h %p

In both the cases, the error is -

> ssh: connect to host psp-deb1.ntp.org port 22: Network is unreachable

Kindly help.
Thanks.

~ Lokesh Walase