[ntp:hackers] hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.3.72 Released

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 08:26:32 UTC 2015

From: Hal Murray

david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk said:
> On two Linux systems here, that version compiled but would only run for a
> second or two.

Are there any interesting messages in /var/log/messages or wherever your
system puts syslog stuff?

ntpd is pretty good about catching most problems and turning them into a
helpful message.
================================

Hal,

If only I knew where to look, but I tried both /var/log/messages/ and dmesg,
but nothing relating the error found.  Eventually I managed to revert to
4.3.71 which still works correctly.

(Windows I use the Event Viewer, so I could find the errors there!  However,
under Windows VS2013 4.3.72 compiles and runs correctly...)

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk