[ntp:hackers] Problem with autogen on Pogo?

Bruce Korb bruce.korb at gmail.com
Sun May 22 19:01:34 UTC 2016

It works everywhere I try it.  What is your platform?
Please add to the environment:

    AUTOGEN_TRACE=everything AUTOGEN_TRACE_OUT='>>/tmp/ag-trace.txt'

and your issue should be decipherable.

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 10:54 AM, brian utterback
<brian.utterback at oracle.com> wrote:
> Does autogen work anywhere?
>
> On 5/22/2016 12:02 PM, brian utterback wrote:
>> While I am at it, is there any docs or pointers about how to do this?
>> There seems to be a convoluted system of layers violations going on,
>> where under certain circumstances running gmake in the build directory
>> changes files in the source directory, but only in some cases. In other
>> cases it seems like it is necessary to move generated files in build
>> directory back to the source directory. It is all very confusing and I
>> am sure there is a nice simple procedure that I could follow if I only
>> knew what it was.
>>
>> On 5/22/2016 10:49 AM, brian utterback wrote:
>>> I am trying to add a keyword to the server/peer/etc line in a workspace
>>> on Pogo, but when it tries to run autogen, there is an error:
>>>
>>> autogen -L ../sntp/include -L ../sntp/ag-tpl --writable
>>> -DMAN_SECTION=5man -Tagman-cmd.tpl ntp.conf.def
>>> ld.so.1: autogen: fatal: relocation error: file
>>> /usr/local/gnu/lib/libguile-2.0.so.22: symbol
>>> GC_greatest_plausible_heap_addr: referenced symbol not found
>>>
>>> Anyone have any ideas?

No idea about that symbol.  I suspect a version mismatch between Guile
headers at compile time and the shared library at run time.