[time] DDos attacks(maybe)?

root@borgnet.us root
Fri Oct 8 09:53:12 UTC 2004

Well I have been watching the hits here for my server and I seeing just normal traffic with only 56 bytes for each request which is normal.

If it was a true DDos the bytes for each request would be much higher like 1024 bytes.

In my opinion I think its normal traffic for the millions of people that are using our servers now for time stats.

And my network is also used for hostname lookup's for a DALnet server were I get over 5000 dns hits per minute.

Although I am curious why I am getting non-US ntp requests when I shouldn't unless my IP is in the standard pool.

Scott Grayban
ntp.borgnet.us