[time] [Fwd: Re: Announcing the TAPR "Clock-Block" Clock Synthesizer]

John Ackermann N8UR jra
Fri Nov 10 14:38:13 UTC 2006

Resending per Adrian's report of list problems...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [time] Announcing the TAPR "Clock-Block" Clock Synthesizer
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 08:05:04 -0500
From: John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com>
To: David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk>
CC: timekeepers at fortytwo.ch
<004201c700aa$a5b4fa50$131313ac at djt.edi>

David J Taylor said the following on 11/05/2006 02:18 AM:
> John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> []
>> There's more information about the Clock-Block, and you can place an
>> order, at http://www.tapr.org/kits_clock-block.html
>>
>> John
>
> Well done, John.  Thanks for the annoucement.  This looks to be a
> well-designed and well-documented project.
>
> However, just to clarify, you do also need an accurate, stable external
> reference frequency as well as the Clock-Board, and partially for that
> reason I will not be getting one myself.

Thanks, David.

Yes, you're right -- you do need an external reference to go with the
Clock-Block.  It doesn't need to be a Cesium standard because virtually
*anything* is going to be at least an order of magnitude better than the
$0.10 crystal on the motherboard, but of course the better the
reference, the better the timekeeping.

73,
John