[time] Other traffic to strange ports (was: Re: ICMP pings and ntp)

Adrian von Bidder avbidder
Sun Dec 6 10:08:36 UTC 2009

On Saturday 05 December 2009 13.57:06 Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> and TCP traffic to port 123 (now that's just dumb).

Wasn't there a protocol to deliver some kind of policy document (how can you
use this ntp server) via HTTP on 123/TCP or something like this?  I dimly
remember that it was discussed here but I don't think more than a few people
ever started doing this.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Jack Nicklaus hit a golf shot that only gravity kept on this Earth.
        -- ESPN (the sports channel)