[time] It's me again, curious new timekeeper :)

Dreamy timekeeper
Sun Apr 4 19:45:52 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

this time my graphs look much better, score permanently at 20.0,
offset used to dance in (-1m,1m) interval, what made me really
happy, but now I can see some "random" +/- 10ms jumps:

http://www.pool.ntp.org/scores/193.87.160.18/graph/offset.png

I know it's still "fine", but I am curious if there is something
I can do with that (I want to have a REALLY stable time server).

- There was no special activity,
    higher cpu or net usage, nothing

- Temperatures are just fine

- I made no config changes

- So I guess it is either very special network problem, or
    (more realistic guess) problem with upstream ntp servers?

This is what I have:

:~# ntptrace
localhost: stratum 2, offset -0.000255, synch distance 0.002466
8*****************.at: stratum 1, offset 0.000003, synch distance 0.000407, refid 'GPS'

:~# ntpq -p
     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
+ntp.*******.cz .PPS.            1 u   78 1024  377    7.719    0.381   0.095
+time.******.cz .ATOM.           1 u  453 1024  377    5.695   -0.386   0.095
*8********51    .GPS.            1 u  613 1024  377    4.933   -0.351   0.320

I  am  now syncing five servers with pool zone sk, which contains this
server  too  and  I  get  spammed with "kernel time sync status change
4001" and "kernel time sync status change 0001". Maybe it's related or
important?

I can also post my ntp conf if necessary, but it's pretty much default
deb config.

Thanks for any ideas.

Cheers.