[time] ntpd 4.2.7 DNS and the pool

Adrian von Bidder avbidder
Mon Feb 8 08:40:12 UTC 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010 22.28:29 Dave Hart wrote:
> Is once a day often enough to re-resolve non-pool hostnames?

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to generally only re-resolve hostnames if
a server goes "bad" (unreachable or outlier/falseticker.)

This would nicely sidestep the issue of server associations changing all the
time in the case of pool.ntp.org configured as "server" and not "pool".

cheers
-- vbi

--
"I got more room in iptables then they got ip allocations :)"
        -- Some Bastard, news.admin.net-abuse.email, 2004-02-13