[time] Traffic level for a US 250 or 500 Mbps server?

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff
Tue Feb 9 04:28:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

I run a server in the U.S. (+ global) zone, with the net speed set to
100 Mbps. It receives about 17 requests per second. I'd like to throw
some more traffic at it -- anywhere up to, say, 500 Kbps -- but not more
than that. If I increase the net speed to 250 or 500 Mbps, how much
traffic am I likely to get? I don't want to try it out and wind up with
5 Mbps of traffic from TTNet and angry emails from my ISP.

Although even 500 Kbps would probably blow up my conntrack tables or
something anyway. :-P

Thanks,
--
Matt Nordhoff