[Pool] Fwd: Debian Project mourns the loss of Adrian von Bidder

Axel Beckert beckert at phys.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 27 09:09:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

since it didn't came up here yet, I guess I have to inform you that
Adrian von Bidder, the founder of the NTP Pool, died 1.5 weeks ago.

----- Forwarded message from Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar at debian.org> -----
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 10:45:57 +0200
From: Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar at debian.org>
To: debian-news at lists.debian.org
Subject: Debian Project mourns the loss of Adrian von Bidder

The Debian Project                                http://www.debian.org/
Debian Project mourns the loss of Adrian von Bidder     press at debian.org
April 23rd, 2011                http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20100423

Debian Project mourns the loss of Adrian von Bidder

The Debian Project has lost an active member of its community. Adrian
von Bidder (cmot) died on April 17th.

Adrian was one of the founding members and current secretary of
debian.ch, he sparked many ideas that made Debian Switzerland be what
it is today.  Adrian also actively maintained software in the Debian
package archive, and represented the project at numerous events.  Even
to those, who haven't worked with him directly, he was well known for
his sometimes thoughtful, sometimes funny blog posts.

 [1]: http://debian.ch

Adrian founded the "NTP Pool" [2] (crowd-sourced time synchronisation),
which our project has since fully adopted.

 [2]: http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/

The Debian Project honours his excellent work and strong dedication to
Debian and Free Software.  Adrian's broad technical knowledge and his
ability and consistent willingness to share that knowledge with others
will be missed.  The contributions of Adrian will not be forgotten, and
the high standards of his work will continue to serve as an inspiration
to others.

About Debian
------------

The Debian Project is an association of Free Software developers who
volunteer their time and effort in order to produce the completely free
operating systems Debian.

Contact Information

For further information, please visit the Debian web pages at
http://www.debian.org/ or send mail to <press at debian.org>.

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-news-REQUEST at lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20110423084557.GA12839@melusine.alphascorpii.net
----- End forwarded message -----

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert at phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT D 17                 voice: +41 44 633 41 89